Principal Clerk Typist
Supp For Teacher Educ Programs
- Job Title: Principal Clerk Typist
- Department: Supp For Teacher Educ Programs
- Job Posted On: 05/02/2013
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Status: Permanent
- Search Type: Internal Search
- Job Post ID: 11561
INTERNAL PROMOTIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Only internal candidates of The College of New Jersey in the titles of Principal Clerk Typist, Principal Clerk, Senior Clerk Typist and Senior Clerk will be considered.
DESCRIPTION: The Principal Clerk Typist will serve as the secretary to the director; secretary of the STEP and Global Student Teaching Office and Professional Development School Network. The position will support the work of the office in the placement of all field experience programs and students in the school districts. Principal clerk typist will serve as the lead secretary of the office and will provide direction to the other support staff and student workers responsible for the clerical work. The direction of the clerical staff will be done in accordance with the leadership of the STEP Office Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: Open to TCNJ employees in the competitive titles listed above who have completed their working test period as of the closing date of this Notice and who meet the requirements listed below.
NOTE: For promotions, this is a provisional opportunity pending exam results.
* High school diploma and two (2) years of clerical experience;
* Experience working in higher education academic environment;
Excellent intrapersonal, organizational, communication and time-management;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Access, Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously;
* Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, staff and students.
NOTE: Successful completion of a clerical training program with a minimum of 700 classroom training hours or 30 semester hour credits in secretarial science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of general experience indicated above. Coursework must include typing skills, methods, and procedure. Other courses may include office procedures, word processing, and business English.
The vacancy listed above will be filled in the following manner:
1. Interested individuals seeking lateral transfer or promotion should send resume, TCNJ internal application and letter of interest to JOBS@tcnj.edu.
2. Qualified individuals will be considered.
If interested, contact: The Office of Human Resources in Room 101 Administrative Services Building or at JOBS@TCNJ.EDU within fourteen days of the date of posting. Please note the posting number on your letter of interest.