Housing Program Coordinator
Residential Education& Housing
- Job Title: Housing Program Coordinator
- Department: Residential Education& Housing
- Job Posted On: 05/22/2013
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Status: Permanent
- Search Type: Global Search
- Job Post ID: 11584
The College of New Jersey seeks a Housing Program Coordinator who will be an energetic and student-centered applicant providing front-line customer service to students, parents, and the college community as it relates to housing related processes. The Housing Program Coordinator will report to the Assistant Director of Housing Assignments. Specifically, this newly created, full-time, entry level position will manage all housing wait lists, provide administrative support for room and meal plan changes, and assist with various department initiatives that include, but not limited to health and safety inspections, social media, and publications.
* Manage the fall, spring, and singles housing waitlists; offer spaces to students and ensure proper communication between incoming students, future roommates, and Residential Education staff.
* Process administrative, judicial and student requested room or meal plan changes, maintaining all related records, and disseminating information to impacted parties.
* Maintain an accurate occupancy database and ensure data integrity with campus housing and door access systems.
* Write and execute appropriate reports, including but not limited to statistical occupancy data, vacancy trends, mailing labels, and building rosters.
* Assist in planning and administering housing lottery and room selection and first year housing placements.
* Maintain the department's web and social media presence.
* Process student withdrawals from housing and late additions including billing and refunds.
* Hire, train, and supervise up to 4 part-time student office managers.
* Facilitate and maintain inventory related to health and safety inspections.
* Maintain accurate furniture, common area, and room condition inventories.
* A Bachelor's Degree is required. Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis.
* Undergraduate or Graduate Experience in Residential Education or Housing Operations
* Excellent oral, written, and other communication skills
* The ability to work independently, multi-task, and work collaboratively with others.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrate experience or ability to learn basic computer database management, report writing, and social media technologies.
Preferred Qualifications include:
* A master's degree and/or 1 to 3 years Undergraduate and/or graduate experience in Residential Education or Housing Operations is preferred.
The starting salary for the Housing Operations Coordinator is $40,119.83. This position is a New Jersey Civil Service position with the state title Program Assistant. It is aligned to the Communications Workers of America bargaining unit. The starting salary for this position is Range P16, Step 1. Permanent appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a 4-month probationary period to access the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Salary for an internal candidate will be determined in accordance with Civil Service rules. The College offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and prescription plans as well as pension, paid leave time and tuition savings programs.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, as well as three professional references with their full contact information, including telephone and e-mail address to JOBS@TCNJ.EDU. References will not be contacted without the candidate's prior knowledge and consent. Candidates who previously interviewed need not apply.
Applicants will be prompted to and are required to complete an Application for Employment upon receipt of resume. Applications will be considered through June 5, 2013. Resumes received after that date will only be considered if a suitable applicant has not been identified. Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
TCNJ is a highly selective, public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the residential experience for its 5,900 undergraduate students, who benefit from a 12-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of only 20 students. TCNJ is one of only five public institutions included on Barron's Profiles of American Colleges list of the 75 "most competitive" colleges and universities in the United States, and of those five, TCNJ is the only primarily undergraduate institution included. TCNJ's campus encompasses 289 beautiful tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, NJ, which is located between Trenton and Princeton in the historic Delaware Valley, and is convenient to Philadelphia, New York, the Jersey shore, and the Pocono Mountains.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.